Being late to work sounds simple but it can cause a major problem which affects the work progress as a whole, especially if you have to attend the office event on time. It damages your reputation as it is seen as a trait of being unprofessional. When you feel like you need to fix your mistake, the first thing you can do is writing an apology letter for being late. This gesture can show your regret and be as a start to not repeating it again.
How to Apologize for Being Late in a Letter?
Before you are sending the apology letter for being late, it is better to note several important points you need to include. First, address to whom you are sending the letter, it can be your supervisor or manager. Apologize and explain the situation as why you are being late. It is important to remember that explaining the situation is different from blaming others for your being late. Own your mistake and take full responsibility. Assure the situation will not happen again and show your regret for being late. If there is a situation damage caused by your action, you can offer help in handling the situation.
Writing an Apology Letter for Being Late in a Professional Way
As the name implies, an apology letter is written in a formal tone that should not be full of flowery words but to keep it brief, polite and sincere. The apology letter for being late below is written by an employee, Hamish, who is being late to a company meeting where he has to give presentation to the clients. Let’s take a look at the example letter.
Dear Mr. Steven,
Through this letter, I want to apologize for being late to the company meeting with Roman Associates which was held on Thursday last week. I admit it was so unprofessional of me to be late for nearly 50 minutes in the important meeting with client. I got into a bad traffic on the highway because of the accident which happened that day. I could not move my car nor turn back so I need to wait for the evacuation until it was finished. However, the reason alone does not make me less responsible for my work negligence. Please accept my apology.
All the meeting members including you have to delay the meeting for 15 minutes before finally started the presentation which was lead by Keneth. I could not be more thankful to everyone who worked really to fill me during the company meeting. It would have been better if I had come on time as it was schedule.
I promise this will never happen again in the future and I try my best to go to work even earlier so that I will not be late especially in important meeting like last week. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience I caused and I appreciate your understanding.
The apology letter for being late above is straight to the point and sincere showing that Hamish wants to fix his mistakes. I hope you will never be in his shoes, else you know how to write an apology letter.
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- What Should I Include in My Apology Letter to Customer?
- The Most Polite Way to Write An Apology Letter to Teacher
- Guide To Write Hotel Apology Letter To Guest With Example
- An Apology Letter for Bad Service and Its Sample
- Make A Simple Apology Letter To Court
- Customizable Apology Letter For Mistake At Work With Example
- The Best Example Of Apology Letter For Missing Interview
- Apology Letter to Teacher And The Sample
- Apology Letter to Boss for Misconduct and Its Sample
- What Are The Aspects of Apology Letter for Plagiarism?
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- 10+ Printable Board Meeting Minutes’ Template
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Making A Congratulations Letter On Your Retirement Letter To A Coworker
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Meeting Outline Template
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- 10+ Printable Board Meeting Agenda Template
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Withdraw Application Letter You Can Implement With Example
- Family Emergency Leave Letter And Its Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- 10+ Appointment Schedule Template
- How to Write An Interest in Job Letter and Its Template
- Printable Schedule Template
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Excellent Example Of An Interview Acceptance Letter
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Request Promotion Letter And Its Sample
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Printable Resignation Letter
- The Best Example Of Appeal Letter For Unemployment Disqualification
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter