Everyone will be disappointed if their writing is claimed and plagiarized by others. No institution justifies plagiarism, be it in elementary schools or universities and workplaces. There are several consequences that you must accept if you are proven to commit plagiarism. However, if you have already committed acts of plagiarism, you should apologize and write an apology letter for plagiarism. After that, don’t commit the fraudulent act anymore if you don’t want to be accused.
What Are The Consequences of Plagiarism?
It has been stated that an act of plagiarism will cause many consequences. Here are several consequences of plagiarism that can harm the doer:
Plagiator will be considered as cheaters, so it can destroy their self-esteem. If the plagiarists are employees, they will lose their job. In addition, they will also find it difficult to get other new jobs. Whatever one’s profession, if they are proven in doing plagiarized, then their career or reputation can be destroyed.
If someone uses someone else’s idea without including a source, then the author can sue him/her legally, and even get the plagiator sentenced to prison. In the field of writing, plagiarism is an action that is taken seriously both from an ethical and legal standpoint.
Lost of Trust
If you are a High School student or student in the university who commits plagiarism, then you will lose the trust of people such as teachers or lecturers. It’s better to apologize sincerely and promise not to do it again, you can write an apology letter for plagiarism to your teacher or lecturer.
How to Write A Letter of Apology for Plagiarism?
If you have committed plagiarism, you should immediately make a written apology. Your letter of apology should consist of at least three paragraphs in a formal style. You can start the letter with an apology, and then acknowledge the mistakes you’ve made. The next paragraph can be written on how to fix your mistakes and promise not to repeat your mistake.
Apology Letter for Plagiarism Example
Here is an example of an apology letter that is written by a student who has committed plagiarism for his last paper:
Dear Mrs. Emma,
I want to apologize for the plagiarism I did on my last paper. I just realized a big mistake I made because I stole other people’s writing from the internet. I shouldn’t have done it, I knew plagiarism was a serious mistake. Maybe my paper has good writing, but it’s useless because it’s not the result of my thoughts.
I’ve learned a lot from the mistakes I made while doing plagiarism. I am also committed to not plagiarizing again in the future, I have learned from this mistake. I also realized that it was better to get a bad grade but the result of my hard work, than a high score but the result of plagiarizing others.
I am sorry for my mistakes. I appreciate you, your class, and my education and school. Thank you for your generosity in giving me a light punishment. I hope to become a more competent and independent individual in the future.
All in all, if you have plagiarized in any written form, you must sincerely apologize using an apology letter for plagiarism. After that, promise yourself to not repeat it in the future.
- The Most Polite Way to Write An Apology Letter to Teacher
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- What Should I Include in My Apology Letter to Customer?
- Customizable Apology Letter For Mistake At Work With Example
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- Writing an Apology Letter for Being Late
- Apology Letter to Boss for Misconduct and Its Sample
- Apology Letter to Teacher And The Sample
- Guide To Write Hotel Apology Letter To Guest With Example
- Make A Simple Apology Letter To Court
- An Apology Letter for Bad Service and Its Sample
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- The Best Example Of Apology Letter For Missing Interview
- Outline Templates
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Simple Ways to Write A Permission Letter
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- 10+ Printable Bifold Brochure template photoshop
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- Missed Appointment Letter and Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Best Recommendation Of UCLA Appeal Letter
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Scholarship Appeal Letter And The Example
- University Acceptance Letter And The Sample
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Guide To Make Your Academic Suspension Letter
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter Due To Maximum Time Frame And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Parking Ticket Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Elementary Teacher Recommendation Letter And The Example
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Making A Congratulations Letter On Your Retirement Letter To A Coworker
- The Free Research Outline Template and Example
- Daily Lesson Plan Template Sample
- Easy Tips to Write A NYU Acceptance Letter
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Research Paper Outline Template
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter For Bad Grades With Example You Can Implement
- Having a Research Paper Outline Template PDF
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Cash Receipt Template
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example