Sometimes, an employee has to be in the position when s/he needs to submit the constructive discharge resignation letter to the employer. This is explained as a situation when the employee does not want to resign by her/himself, rather s/he resigns because of the actions of the employer. This may not be the best scenario to experience at work but if you happen to be in this situation, the best thing you can do is to resign in a good manner, to show that you handle it professionally.
Examples of Constructive Dismissal
There are some situations which lead to the employee’s constructive dismissal resignation. Some of them are explained in the following list:
Harassment or Abuse
The harassment can be received either physically or mentally by the employee. This situation cannot be tolerated and the only way to avoid this is to quit the job. You may talk to the Human Resources about this and find some help.
Many constructive discharge resignation letter is written by this reason. Discrimination can be broad, either racial discrimination, belief discrimination and many more. No one deserves to be treated different, moreover worse, than others just because of the different race or belief they have. If this is happening in daily basis, talk to someone with higher authority that you trust and ask for some assistance.
Is Constructive Discharge Illegal?
Now, when you ask if this type of dismissal is illegal or not, it is not necessarily an easy task for the employee to say. If the employee has clear proof of how the intolerable work situation forced them to resign illegally, then the employee can claim the constructive discharge and bring the lawsuit to the legal terms. However, this can be a long and exhausting process to go to the court and process the claim. Make sure you consider the decision well or contact the lawyer to understand the situation and get a better judgment about it.
Writing a Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter
In writing a constructive discharge resignation letter, the format is similar to the resignation letter in usual basis, you include the statement that you want to resign and the last effective date, your contact details if desired, and the gratitude of the experiences you have while working so far. Below is an example of a constructive discharge resignation letter that can be as your reference.
Dear Mr. Harry,
I am writing to you to submit my resignation, which is hugely influenced by the supervisor. The work environment has been too hard for me during the past months and it is unfortunate that I could not cope with it any longer. My last effective day at work will be on November 25th 2010 and this letter would be my two-week resignation notice as per the company’s policy.
I would help the company to go through the transition so that everything will be handled well by th training department. I want to thank the opportunity given to me to experience working in this company with some people being supportive to me even though it is hard for me mos of the time because of the unfair treatment that I have received from my supervisor.
If you still have any questions regarding my resignation, please contact me at 123-045-456 or through my email on email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
So, this is an example of a constructive discharge resignation letter. Hope you can have some ideas about it and how to write it.
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Writing an Apology Letter for Being Late
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- Prepare Your Teacher Resignation Letter To Parents (Plus Example!)
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example