Doing an internship while continuing your study is considered a good idea, it will make you be more independent and able to manage your time well. However, if the internship you take disrupts your study, it would be better for you to prioritize your education. Besides the poor time management, several reasons encourage you to quit an internship. The first step you can take before leaving your job is to write an internship resignation letter, so your employer can receive it well.
How To Resign From An Internship?
While an internship can be a great opportunity for your future career development, there are several reasons that make you want to quit your internship. Whatever the reason, you should quit your internship elegantly and professionally.
Talk to Your Employer
Meet your employer and share your plans for resigning. Hence, your employer will feel more valued because the way you are going to quit is polite. Also, say your apologies and gratitude sincerely.
Don’t Be Sudden
As the same with any resignation from several jobs, you also shouldn’t resign immediately. You may have a certain project that has not been completed, try to complete the project before resigning.
Pay attention to reasons for quitting the internship
If you want to quit your internship because of a problem with another employee regarding abuse or harassment, you can raise this to your supervisor. Perhaps, there will be certain solutions suggested by your employer.
How To Write A Simple Letter of Internship Resignation?
To write a simple but professional letter of resignation from your internship, make sure that you note several important aspects. Write the reasons for your resignation honestly and in accordance with the facts. Write your letter at least two weeks before the date you leave the job. Also, thank the employer for allowing you to do an internship at the company concerned. Use a short and professional tone.
Internship Resignation Letter Format
You can take a look at the following sample for your resignation letter.
Dear Mr. James,
I am writing this letter to inform you about the resignation of my internship at ABC Company. I am pleased to work here, I love my coworkers and the comfortable working atmosphere, but I feel more comfortable being a lecturer at a university, I feel that I had to take one of the jobs that I prioritized the most. Since my last day of the internship will be on December 22, 2020, this letter is my official two-week notification. I am very grateful and appreciate your patience so far.
I do apologize if my resignation causes inconvenience to some parties. I will also finish my last project before I officially resign. You can contact me at (333)-3333-333 or email me at email@example.com if you have several questions.
I feel I have had an extraordinary experience in ABC Company, thank you for allowing me to join your company. I hope everyone will always be healthy and prosperous.
That’s all the brief explanation about the steps you can do before writing your internship resignation letter. Hope you can have a new concept for your format.
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Internship Letter of Interest And Its Sample
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Internship Letter of Recommendation And The Sample
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Writing An End Of Internship Letter Before Leaving A Job
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Internship Letter Of Interest And The Example
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample