A good resignation can leave a warm impression on an employer. There are many reasons why an employee decides to resign, some of these reasons could be stress, depression, or illness. If you are in a position to resign from work due to illness, you can resign by writing a resignation letter due to illness to your employer. On the other hand, if you do not want your employer or anyone else to know about the reasons for your resignation, you have the right not to write your reason.
Can I resign Due to Illness?
Whatever your reason, you have a right to quit your job, especially if you suffer a certain illness. By using a resignation letter, you can quit from the company more politely and professionally. You can tell your employer about your illness which makes you cannot go to work anymore.
How to Write A Good resignation Letter?
Writing a resignation letter due to illness has the same format as a resignation letter for other reasons. Your letter must consist of salutation, resignation statement, last days of employment, the reason for resigning, thanks, closing, and signature.
Open your letter with a polite greeting. You can write “Dear Mr./Ms.” followed by your employer’s last name or first name, it depends on your relationship with your boss at the company.
The body of your letter must consist of several important matters such as your resignation statement, your last day of work, and the reason you resign. Also, you can offer to help the transition process go well by providing personal contact information, expressing your availability to help your replacement. Don’t forget to say thank you and convey the best wishes for the future of the company you are going to leave.
In closing your resignation letter, you must choose the right goodbye, followed by your name and signature. Use formal and professional language.
Resignation Letter Due to Illness Sample
Here is a format of resignation letter that you can notice as a sample:
Dear Mr. Walter,
I am writing this letter to inform you about my resignation as an accountant at ABC company due to illness. I am diagnosed with tuberculosis and will be undergoing treatment at XYZ Hospital starting from January 1, 2021. My last day of work will be on December 20, 2020, so I hope you will accept this letter as my two weeks notice. I will always wear a mask and keep my distance from other employees in the company.
In my last two weeks, I will try to finish my last project as soon as possible. I am also willing to assist my replacement, so feel free to contact me by phone at (999)-9999-999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would like to hear from you soon.
I had some wonderful years working at ABC Company. Several valuable experiences to the amazing award I received reminded me of the struggles I did to start a career in this beloved company. Unfortunately, I have to suffer an illness that makes me forced to stop working, I regret leaving this job. I hope ABC Company will be successful in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
In short, you can leave your job politely due to illness you experience. But, you need to write a resignation letter due to illness in a well-structured format.
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Simple Ways to Write A Permission Letter
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example