One of the best ways to quit a job is by writing a good resignation letter. When you want to resign from work but are confused about who must be informed, you can write your resignation letter by saying ”to whom it may concern”. This format has often been used and considered as a formal and proper letter. By following several necessary aspects, you will produce a suitable resignation letter to whom it may concern.
How Do I Leave My Job Politely?
Several things encourage you to leave your job, ranging from not getting along with coworkers, having a toxic boss, or moving houses. You must present all these reasons in a good format in the letter. The following are some tips that you need to do before resigning from a job.
Prepare Everything Well
Before you quit a job, prepare everything carefully. You can start updating your resume, skills, or some other important things. You need to write your portfolio as well and as possible.
Write Two Weeks Notice
The next thing you should do is write a letter of notification two weeks before your resignation. Pay attention to your work contract, perhaps your company has different regulations. This letter also aims to give the company more time to find your replacement.
Use A Positive And Brief Tone
Write your letter in a positive tone. Other than that, don’t be verbose and too long. By using short and positive paragraphs, it will make a nice impression.
How To Write A Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern?
If you don’t know who your resignation letter must be given to, you can use “to whom it may concern” instead of “Dear Mr/Mrs” followed by the name. Use a polite, properly spelled opening and ending. Also, keep the letter brief and no longer than one page. If you have prepared everything properly, send your letter to the Human Resources Department for further resignation process.
Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern Format
The following is an example of a resignation letter that you can use as inspiration:
125 Maple Street
Columbus, OF 45541
567 Main Street
Columbus, OH 42365
December 11, 2020
To Whom it May Concern:
My name is Pamela Carol and have been with XYZ Company for 11 months. My family and I have to accompany my grandmother to Ontario because my grandfather had just died two days ago, so my family has to move to Ontario as soon as possible. As of December, 24, I have officially resigned and this becomes my two-week notice.
I apologize if my resignation causes inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding my resignation, please feel free to contact me at (666)-6666-666 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will answer all your questions immediately.
I appreciate all my valuable experiences while working with XYZ company. All my colleagues are very kind to me, they are always patient in teaching me anything. I hope that XYZ company will develop even better.
In short, you are allowed to write a resignation letter to whom it may concern. It has been considered as a formal and polite format, No need to worry if your letter will be considered as rude.
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Prepare Your Teacher Resignation Letter To Parents (Plus Example!)
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter