Resigning from a job can be an emotional thing for some people regardless of the reasons. However, whether you love your job or not, leaving your workplace professionally costs too little that you just need to spend some time to write the RN resignation letter. This letter helps you inform the nurse and another related department that you are going to leave your position. On this page, you can learn further about how to write it properly.
Things To Do Before Quitting From The Nursing Job
As a nurse, there are times you have to make a decision such as retirements, moving to another area, or personal problems. But make sure to do it right, here are some tips you have to know.
Leaving a job abruptly doesn’t leave a nice impression. Instead, the awkwardness will linger among you, coworkers and employers. The best practice before leaving your job is giving an early two weeks notice. In some areas, you might be required to give 3-4 weeks’ early notice.
Official letter of resignation
writing an RN resignation letter is always a good start instead of just sending the text of telling it personally. This can also be valid proof to the company that you are going to resign. Furthermore, this can be the official notice from you so the company or organization can get prepared for the transition.
Only tell it to the manager
Probably you might be thinking you have a partner in crime in the office, but it is not necessarily telling your resignation to them before the manager. It will lead to a lot of problems because your coworkers might be gossiping behind you and they might even tell your manager with another scenario before you get this chance.
Never say anything negative about your boss and coworkers
It is a must that you need to leave a good impression because one day you will need a reference from one of them. Talking bad about your company and office only makes you look not professional.
The Example Of RN Resignation Letter
Dear Nurse Administrator AB,
I deeply regret that I must send this early notice of my resignation letter as an RN in the surgical recovery room in ABC clinic starting from January 12, 2021. My 5 years of experience in this clinic is valuable and I am very grateful for it. I have amazing co-workers, staff, and physicians. I am going to miss each of them.
I am confident with every knowledge and skill I have gained from this clinic which will help me well in my medical career.
During my final weeks, I will try as much as I can in helping the new nurse for taking over my responsibilities.
Even though I am very sad to leave this clinic, I am very happy that my husband has been accepted to Harvard which makes us move out of this city. I am looking forward to another opportunity in Massachusetts and I have applied for some vacancies. I will appreciate it if you send the reference letter to the Administrator in XYZ clinic.
I am very thankful for the support I have got during these five years, including the bridal and baby shower party several years ago. It means a lot to me. The memory I have got in this clinic is a treasure that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Thank you very much for your understanding and I wish all the best for you and ABC clinic. I hope we will meet on the same path in the future.
Resigning as a nurse
Writing an RN resignation letter isn’t that hard. You can always make it quick, straightforward, and professional. This will save your credibility.
- Printable Resignation Letter
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Physician Retirement Letter And The Sample
- Maternity Leave Letter to Parents and The Example
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Nurse Recommendation Letter and Sample
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Retirement Letter To Coworker And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Prepare Your Teacher Resignation Letter To Parents (Plus Example!)
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample