If you are experiencing illness on a weekday, you have the right to rest at home as long as you write an official letter from a doctor. By using a sick leave letter, your co-workers and superiors at the company can find out why you are not coming to work, as well as what days you will take off. If you don’t use a formal letter, your company may think you are doing something rude and impolite.
What Should I Include In My Leave Letter?
Your letter must be written in clear but concise language. Some important things that you must write are the title, date, your name, type of illness, days you are going to take off, and the day you plan to resume work.
One of your teammates may replace your incomplete tasks, so include a phone number or email address to be contacted by your coworkers at any time.
How To Write A Good Sick Leave Letter?
After knowing some elements that should be included above, now you have to know how to arrange your leave letter.
Your leave letter should start with a polite opening. Use the formal word even though you are familiar with your boss. We recommend you to start the opening with “Dear Mr / Mrs.” followed by the name. That would be more polite than using “To Whom It May Concern”.
The body of the letter contains a series of important things starting from your reason for not coming to work, your availability to be contacted by people from the office, the day you will take leave, and the day you will return to work. Write all the important points in clear but concise sentences.
Close your letter politely and express your gratitude. You can choose to use “Yours truly”, “Regards”, “Sincerely”, then give your signature.
Sick Leave Letter Example
An example of writing a leave letter below might be an inspiration if you want to take sick leave. Here’s the letter:
Dear Mr. Bell,
I am writing to inform you that I will be taking sick leave for one week from December 3 to December 10, at this time I can’t come to work because of chickenpox, which doesn’t allow me to meet many people. The doctor also advised me to take a break because it’s worrying I will infect several people in the office. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my leave. I have also attached a note from the doctor below.
I will finish some works that I can do from home. After I recover and go to work again, I will do all my expenses. I also want to be contacted whenever there are urgent matters, please contact me at (666) -6666-666 or by email at email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
To sum up, you may leave working when your condition is really bad. However, you also have to write a sick leave letter, so your co-workers and boss don’t misunderstand.
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Simple Ways to Write A Permission Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Medical Leave Letter From Doctor And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Some Important Elements To Write An Appreciation Letter from Patient to Doctor
- Writing An End Of Internship Letter Before Leaving A Job
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Family Emergency Leave Letter And Its Example
- How To Win A Dental Insurance Appeal Letter?
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Doctor Recommendation Letter And The Sample
- Maternity Leave Letter to Employer and Example
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- Retirement Letter To Coworker And The Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- 10+ Email Invitation Template Example PSD Design
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Making A Congratulations Letter On Your Retirement Letter To A Coworker
- Fellowship Recommendation Letter And The Example
- Internship Letter of Recommendation And The Sample
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- The Most Polite Way to Write An Apology Letter to Teacher
- Maternity Leave Letter to Parents and The Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample