Not all employees who have not worked for the company will receive unemployment benefits. There are several factors behind this occurrence, it could be from the strict company regulations, or maybe an employee’s fault. If you are being treated unfairly regarding the unemployment benefits, you have the right to file an appeal by writing an unemployment appeal letter.
Is Employee Entitled To Unemployment Benefit?
Employees who resign from a job are entitled to receive unemployment benefits if they leave their job through no serious fault. This can be seen from two aspects, whether the employee was fired, or quit the job.
If employees are terminated due to a reduction in employees or massive layoffs, they have entitled to unemployment benefits.
If employees are fired for offenses such as frequent absences, tardiness, or similar offenses, then in some states they are still entitled to unemployment benefits.
On the other hand, if an employee commits a serious violation that causes the company to suffer losses, then that employee is not entitled to unemployment benefits.
How To Write An Unemployment Appeal Letter?
Before appealing, there are a few things you need to notice. You should know who your letter will be addressed, what the company policies are, and stick to a polite and positive tone.
Include some facts that can support you in defending your appeal. If the company does not receive the unemployment benefits that you claim, state that you are entitled to receive the benefits. But remember, your letter should not contain a tone full of anger and resentment, keep your sentence positive in a polite tone.
Unemployment Appeal Letter Sample
Now it’s time to look at an example of an appeal letter filed by an employee who feels entitled to unemployment benefits. Here’s the complete format:
Dear Mr. Darwis,
My name is Jessica Parker and I am appealing the decision was taken by the Employment Development Department’s hearing officer, Cash Dalton, on December 20, 2020. I believe that XYZ Company has unfairly denied my unemployment benefits.
I was released as an accountant at XYZ company on November 15, 2020, Mr. James Dalton, revealed that the company was experiencing bad economic conditions so that several positions must be vacated temporarily, including mine. I accepted that decision because I felt sad about some of the problems faced by our company recently.
But not even two weeks after I left the office, Laurent who was my co-worker in the same division as mine said that Mr. Dalton raised his daughter to my last position. Laurent promised to be a witness in this matter. I hope you are willing to consider my unemployment benefits. Thank you for your consideration.
To sum up, if you want to write an unemployment appeal letter, make sure that you write it in the correct and polite format. Before writing your letter, you must understand several things related to company policies and how to file an appeal letter correctly.
- Unemployment Overpayment Appeal Letter And The Sample
- Customizable Appeal Letter For Unemployment Disqualification With Example
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- The Best Example Of Appeal Letter For Unemployment Disqualification
- VA Appeal Letter, Tips And Its Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter Due To Maximum Time Frame And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Parking Ticket Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Compensation Plan Template
- Admission Appeal Letter And The Example
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- Grade Appeal Letter And Sample
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- How To Win A Dental Insurance Appeal Letter?
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- The Best Way to Say Goodbye in Retirement Letter of Appreciation
- Scholarship Appeal Letter And The Example
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- SAP Appeal Letter and Things you should Know about It
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Employee Relations Specialist Job Description; Providing Counseling Services to Staff
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Retirement Letter To Coworker And The Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter For Bad Grades With Example You Can Implement
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Editable Academic Dismissal Appeal Letter And Its Example
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter For Bad Grades And The Example
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- Best Recommendation Of UCLA Appeal Letter
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Guide To Make A Promotion Announcement Letter With The Example
- School Appeal Letter and Sample
- Fellowship Recommendation Letter And The Example