There are some cases in which a contract with an independent contractor will be terminated. It usually has been written in the contract that state contractor-employer relationship can be ended at any time. If you want to inform your decision to your contractor, the best way that you can choose is by using a termination letter.
Can I Terminate An Independent Contractor?
You have a right to fire an independent contractor if you think it is no longer satisfied that your company gets. But, you have to take a look at your contract agreement, whether there is a certain condition that allows the contactor should be terminated.
Besides, the agreement must also consist of provisions which state there is a certain number of weeks notice must be given by the terminating party. When the provisions are implemented, then the relationship between the two parties can be ended.
How To Let Go of A Contractor?
Independent contractors would understand that they are not full or part-time job employees. You do have a right to let go of an independent contractor. But, there are several things that you must consider before let go of your contractor.
Articulate Your Reason Politely
The most important thing that you need to prepare is your reason, why do you want to let go of your independent contractor? You must look for some relevant reasons which wouldn’t lead to discrimination.
Clear The Invoices
When your contract will officially be terminated, you must notice whether there is an invoice that you must clear. You cannot miss this point, because this has included in the employee rights.
The Termination Method
There are several methods that you can use to terminate your contract. You might inform your contractor in person, by phone, even via skype call. But the most interesting method is by using an independent contractor termination letter.
Tips To Write A Termination Letter
There are some steps that you must do in writing an independent contractor termination letter. Note that you have to use a polite and friendly tone to honor the contractor. Additionally, here are some standards to write a termination letter:
- State your reason for the contract termination
- Inform your contractorwell in advance of dismissal
- Provide receipt of your company property
An Independent Contractor Termination Letter Sample
Here is a sample of a termination letter that is written by the owner of a company. This might give you a little bit of an idea to tidy up your letter.
Dear Mr. William
This letter confirms that I, Alex Waldrop, have asked to inform your termination as our contractor. The agreement was signed on December 25, 2020, between Michael William and Star Entertainment Service. We have enjoyed working with you, but this decision cannot be negotiated because of some considerations.
All the outstanding deliverables must be completed before the contract is terminated. Please confirm any invoices by December 12, 2020, so we can clear any outstanding amounts before the contract is officially terminated. Note that as of December 25, 2020, you will lose access to our systems and networks.
Thank you for your work over these years. If you have some questions, please feel free to reach out at (999)-999-9999 or our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alex Waldrop, Owner
Star Entertainment Service
That’s all our short explanation about the independent contractor termination letter and its sample. Hope it will help you to get new inspiration.
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Painting Contractor Letterhead Customizable PSD Design Template
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- How To Make An Effective Loan Agreement Letter
- Rental Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Free Printable Contractor Invoice
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- Editable Payment Arrangement Agreement Letter
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord (Plus Example)
- Free Printable Contractor Bid Forms
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Free Printable Rental Agreement
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It