Everyone will have a period where they should quit from a job, including for a doctor. If you are a doctor, you will also want to resign from your profession due to several urgent reasons such as moving house, declining health, or retiring. In this position, all you can do is writing a physician resignation letter to patients so they know that you will stop being their doctor. Therefore, they have a good preparation to find their new doctor.
What Should I Include in My Resignation Letter?
Writing a resignation letter will make a good impression before you officially quit. Here are three things you should include when writing a resignation letter to patients :
Use Polite Language
Make sure that your resignation letter must contain polite language and look professional. Even if you have a close and intimate relationship with the patient, you should provide your resignation letter in a charismatic and elegant format.
Give Your Contact
You need to provide contact details in the form of a phone number or email, so your patients can keep in touch with you during the transition time, there may be some difficulties that your patients will face after your resignation.
Give Concise and Clear Statement
Provide a clear, to the point, and concise resignation letter. Don’t write a letter too detailed, so it seems verbose, but keep your tone positive and professional.
How to Write A Resignation Letter to Patients?
The best thing you need to do as a doctor before resigning is to write a good resignation letter, officially informing the patient of your resignation plans. State the exact date when you will stop working, as well as your plans to resign. You can also introduce the identity of the new doctor who will replace you briefly. Don’t forget to thank the patients who have been loyal customers for several years.
Physician Resignation Letter to Patients Sample
Are you still confused about how to start your letter? Below might be an example of a resignation letter that you can use as inspiration:
Dear Ms. Barbara,
I am writing to inform you that I am planning to resign as a doctor at the Family Love Clinic, my reason is due to my retirement period. I really like my job at the clinic but my condition is no longer productive and I really need to start resting. My last day of work will be on December 12, 2020. Hope you can understand this situation.
My next appointment with you is on December 9, 2020, before I officially retire, I will be very happy to see you at the office before my retiring. After my resignation, I will be replaced by a new doctor. I recommend Doctor George, he is a very smart, patient, and skilled doctor. I am sure that you and other patients will be very happy to be treated by Dr. George. Please feel free to call my office at (888)-8888-888 if you have any questions.
I also want to thank you for being willing to work together and be my loyal customer all these years. I really enjoyed my happiest years at work, I will miss you and my other patients in Family Love Clinic.
Charles Matthew, M.D.
Family Love Clinic
To Sum up, a resignation letter to patients can be the most professional way to say goodbye to your beloved patients. Hope you can get new inspiration from our brief explanation above.
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Some Important Elements To Write An Appreciation Letter from Patient to Doctor
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Physician Retirement Letter And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Medical Leave Letter From Doctor And Its Example
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- Doctor Job Description: Be an Excellent Doctor
- Nurse Recommendation Letter and Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Family Doctor Job Description: The Main Duties that Must Follow
- ER Doctor Job Description: Learn the Valuable Position
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example
- Patient Care Plan Template
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Doctor’s Office Letterhead Free Template in PSD
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement