Work doesn’t always go well. Sometimes there will be an incompatibility between employer and employees. Some factors that occur may be from the poor employee’s performance or a serious offense, so you inevitably have to terminate the incompetent employee. One of the most common ways to fire an employee is by using a termination letter for cause. Before starting to write your format, you will need some important aspects to be applied.
When I Can Terminate My Employees?
When you decide to terminate your employment relationship with an employee, your employee has likely committed a serious violation or something that you cannot forgive. For example, if your employee commits a violation like below, then you are better to terminate him/her. Here are the violations:
- Violation of policies given by the company
- Breach of employment contract
- Commit violence or engage in violence
- Abusing a position in work
- Cannot work according to company expectations
Some violations may not be mentioned one by one. In essence, if an employee makes a serious mistake, the company must take firm action.
What Should I Put On Termination Letter?
Note several important aspects you must include in a termination letter. Such as your employee’s name, company name, the reason for the termination, a list of the verbal and written warnings, and a list of company items your employee must return.
Should I Pay An Unemployment Compensation?
If the employer terminates the employment relationship for an error committed by the employee, the employer usually does not need to pay any unemployment compensation. If needed, you may be able to ask directly to the labor department in your state.
Termination Letter For Cause Example
If you want to write a termination letter, you can see the example below:
This letter confirms that your employment with ABC Company is terminated, effective as of December 22, 2020. Your employment is terminated for cause. The reasons we mention below have been discussed at length, and you should be dismissed.
Based on the meetings we held, we have concluded that you have been involved in sexual violence and harassment against female employees. Some evidence has been shown by the victim who was more than five women by bringing proof of your chat through social media.
On the other hand, we see that your performance is also not in accordance with the expectations desired by the company. Based on some notes from supervisors, you have failed to prove a good performance from 2017 to 2020.
You are expected to return all the company property you have been using, as of three days after you receive this letter. Regarding your last salary, we will send it to your home address or you are allowed to take it to our security desk.
Jonathan Timothy, CEO
In short, a termination letter for cause can be used to terminate your employment relationship with your employees. Note that an employee who is fired for a violation does not need to get unemployment compensation.
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Compensation Plan Template
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Unemployment Overpayment Appeal Letter And The Sample
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Behavior Support Plan Template
- Performance Development Plan Template
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- Customizable Appeal Letter For Unemployment Disqualification With Example
- 10+ Basic Monthly Timesheet Template
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- 5+ Annual Performance Review Template
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Employee Relations Specialist Job Description; Providing Counseling Services to Staff
- An Apology Letter for Bad Service and Its Sample
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- Tips & Trick For Counter Offer Job Letter
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- Free Printable Employment Application
- HR Strategic Plan Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- 10+ Work from Home Log Template
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- 10+ Attendance Sheet Template
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company