A decline of business or economic slowdown may cause a company to make a tough decision either to layoff some employee or make significant changes. When a company decided to terminate an employee, usually they will send a formal type letter to explain the condition due to the economic condition experienced by the company.
What Does Laid Off Due To Lack Of Work Mean?
Generally, when an employer hard to defend your position in the company or can’t afford your salary on the payroll due to some financial issue that occurs, there will be a termination of some employee in order to return the balance of the company. Often, this called layoff due to lack of work.
Is It Possible To Terminate An Employee For Poor Performance?
Mostly this will need an investigation first before deciding this action because if it is not followed by precautionary, there will be a possibility for an employer of losing end of a lawsuit for unreasonable termination. Nonetheless, it still possible to terminate an employee for poor performance as long as the investigations are at the exact point to be proven. This will be the most appropriate way to deliver a termination letter with the reason of lack of work.
How To Write A Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work?
The main purpose of this letter is to notify the employee that they will lose a job due to specific reasons related to economic conditions. This letter should inform the specific reason for making the decision. Pay close attention to the language used in this letter with the purpose to protect the employee’s self-esteem. Appreciate their hard work for the company, and include the information related to the date of the termination followed by any details regarding pay and benefits.
Example Of The Letter
In order to help you to understand this type of letter, here is an example below that may help.
With the most respectable feeling, we regret that I must inform you that effective on July 1, 2011, your position with FDG Services will be terminated. Considering the economic situation in the company in the last 6 months, we have to cut costs in some sectors to save the loss of the company. As a result, we are forced to reduce our employee in order to prevent any further impact on the company.
We believe that your loyalty is truly obvious toward the company and this is the tough decision made by the company. You are very talented and I feel confident that you will find another job in the future. To help you through this condition, you will receive severance pay for every year of service to the company and your final paycheck will be delivered by the end of this month.
Enclosed, you will find a letter of recommendation along with this letter. I encourage you to send this letter along with your resume to your future employers. Alph, I have enjoyed working with you and I hope you will keep in touch. Please call me if you have any questions or further discussion about this matter.
Mrs. Finn D. Gale, Owner
Hopefully, this information can be useful for you in understanding this type of letter. The example above can be a reference for you to make a new one. Good luck!
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- Withdraw Application Letter You Can Implement With Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter For Bad Grades With Example You Can Implement
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Performance Development Plan Template
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- 5+ Annual Performance Review Template
- VA Appeal Letter, Tips And Its Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Editable Academic Dismissal Appeal Letter And Its Example
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Medical Leave Letter From Doctor And Its Example
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Customizable Appeal Letter For Unemployment Disqualification With Example
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Editable Payment Arrangement Agreement Letter
- Customer Service Representative Job Description: Learning the Roles
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template