A termination letter is not something you can do easily, especially when it comes to legal actions. Such things become more complicated. To get prepared, we help you with the termination letter for the theft sample.
Is It Ok To Terminate An Employee For Theft?
Thefts cost a lot for the company from the recruitment cost, revenue, morale, and also time. This is important to make sure the employees are reliable and honest. Note that theft in the workplace is not only the products or money. This can be information, giving unauthorized discounts to families or friends, intellectual property, receiving commissions from suppliers, and many more. Such things are generally considered theft or stealing.
Then, is it allowed to fire an employee for stealing? It depends. Because this case is very crucial which can affect the employees’ and company’s image, a deep investigation is required. The company must be careful to point out someone who has stolen the company’s assets. There are some ways to give a warning for the employees from the verbal and formal ones. It always depends on the case. Therefore, you also have to treat the employees consistently.
Will An Employee Go To Jail For Stealing?
Stealing is a serious issue. Everything should put concern about this matter no matter how small this is. It is important to be decisive. An employee can steal a little number of things from the company and walk away as people never know it. However, once the company has found out, they might take legal action and sue the employee. When it is proven, the worst scenario is he or she will go to jail. This leads to a long term effect, such as unemployment.
Termination Letter for Theft Sample
The termination letter for theft must be written carefully. If it is possible, the writing must be under the company lawyer and resource manager. Here is an example you can use for an idea:
Dear Ms. Beth,
This letter is written to inform you that today starting from December 12, 2020, your contract with the ABC company has been terminated due to misconduct of company theft. On December 10, 2020, Our company’s CCTV has proved that you have stolen the company’s laptop. We have carefully investigated the case and we are convinced that you are not eligible to move any properties outside of the building.
You have known that company theft is a serious case. We appreciate an employee with integrity, honesty, and reliability. These are crucial for the growth of the company so it can return goodness to the employees. But when an employee disrupts the healthy environment, this will affect the whole system and the success of our business.
We expect you will return our properties you have stolen including any kind of properties you had been using for works. We expect you to return it within 3 business days). If you don’t make any effort in returning these, we will consider it stealing which we will take legal action against you.
Our HR Manager will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your last paycheck and the benefits, If you have found this as an error, you can contact us at (222)444-444 or meet our lawyer Mr. Allanwood.
At the end of the meeting, you will be escorted to your desk so you can collect your personal properties. Then, you can leave the company.
Martin Halandol, HR Manager
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Guide To Make A Promotion Announcement Letter With The Example
- Spa ID Card Free PSD Template
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Assistant Manager Job Description: Duties and Obligations You Can Know
- Unsolicited Application Letter And The Sample
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Development Plan Template
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord (Plus Example)
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Corporate Greeting Card in PSD Photoshop
- Visa Application Letter And The Example You Can Implement
- Admiring Your Best Labor Through Award Announcement Letter
- Business Manager Job Description Sample Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- 10+ Company Letterhead Template Free PSD
- 10+ Attendance Policy Template
- Tea Day Greeting Card Customizable PSD Design Template
- Letter of Appreciation for Job Well Done And Its Example
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started