An employee may be fired by an employer for some reason. However, it is not in an employment-at-will policy that allows employers to fire their employees without specific reasons. In some cases, you are permitted to terminate your employee without stating the reason. However, you are not permitted to fire your worker based on illegal reasons such as gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other matters related to discrimination. If you are going to terminate your employment without telling your reason, you can write a termination letter without cause.
When Should An Employee Get Fired?
Getting fired at work is a painful thing. But the company also has the right to terminate a certain employee. Several reasons make a company have to fire an employee, some of which are as follows:
Involve in Using Drug or Alcohol At Work
A company doesn’t want to get a bad reputation by hiring employees who are addicted to alcohol and drugs, especially to get drunk and interfere with performance in the office which will harm the company.
Violating Company Policy
Violating the policies imposed by the company is also a serious violation. Paying close attention to what regulations the company enforces is very important.
To Many Absences
Employees who have too many absences can also be fired by the company. Taking too much rest time will affect the completion of the project and cause the teammates who also have to do many tasks.
Committing Sexual Harassment
Committing sexual harassment at work cannot be excused. As the employer, you need to warn your employee in advance. But if your employee keeps making the same mistakes, you deserve to fire him/her.
How To Write A Termination Letter Without Cause?
Include the name of the employee you will fire by disclosing the last date of the employee. Write that you fired him/her without a reason, also state that the company will provide severance pay and payment on a certain date. Don’t forget to thank the employee at the end of your letter.
Termination Letter Without Cause Sample
If you’re still confused about how to start a termination letter, you can look at the examples below for your inspiration:
We have decided to terminate your employment with ABC Company as of December 20, 2020. Your dismissal following our policies at the meeting on December 04, 2020. Therefore, this letter has become our notification letter two weeks before you officially stop working in our company.
Your salary and severance pay will be given on the last day of employment. Your insurance will also remain valid for four weeks after termination of employment.
Thank you for your years in doing good performances these years. You leave our company on good terms, therefore, you also still have the opportunity to apply for jobs at other companies.
Mr. Keith Daniel
Briefly, you can write your termination letter without cause by using some important aspects above. It’s important to pay attention to the format in accordance with applicable recommendations.
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Unemployment Overpayment Appeal Letter And The Sample
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Employee Relations Specialist Job Description; Providing Counseling Services to Staff
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- VA Appeal Letter, Tips And Its Sample
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Letter of Appreciation for Job Well Done And Its Example
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee