Programmer Resume Template, Sample and Writing Tips
Employers in almost any industry are continuously looking for professional programmers to develop new applications or even troubleshoot software. Since getting a job in this industry isn’t an easy task, you will need a decent programmer resume template to help you build your own one.
While there are various resume templates you can choose from, you will need to know which programmer resume template that suits your qualifications or the requirements of the position. In addition, you should also know the correct writing guidelines for making a resume that can emphasize your strength.
Sample of a Programmer Resume
With a programmer resume template, you will get a pre-made layout resume that you can use instantly. However, if you plan to not use a template, you should consider using the following sample as a basic writing guide.
Address : Torrance, CA 90505
Phone : 310-221-3213
Email : email@example.com
- IT professional with over 9 years of expertise designing websites, business analytics solutions, and batches for clients in various industries.
- Proficient in data structures and algorithms.
- Successful in designing and developing custom solutions, streamlining corporate processes, productivity, and procedures.
Programmer | October 2015 – Present
AEROSOFT, Los Angeles, CA
- Design, build and maintain more than 12 customized web applications using LINQ, Agile, ASP.NET, MS SQL, and C#.NET methodologies.
- Develop and implement the user interface requirements with CSS, HTML, and ASP.NET.
- Collaborate with federal agencies, users, and business analysts to deliver implementation and gather requirements.
- Integrate different data sources into a centralized data center using ETL technologies.
Programmer | July 2011 – September 2015
INFOTECH, San Diego, CA
- Developed database models to facilitate responsive data access.
- Developed custom analytics to ensure that all the requirements for the business data collection were met.
- Utilized MS SQL, C#.NET, and ASP.NET to develop and enhanced the performance of the programs.
- Implemented software for office management that saved up to $80,000 per year.
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, February 2011
- Programming: MySQL, PHP, VBA, Python, VB.Net, ASP.NET.
- OS: Mac OS X, Linux/Unix, Windows Server
- DMBS: MS SQL, LINQ, MS Access, SQL Server.
How to Write a Good Programmer Resume
- First, you should have the capability of choosing which programmer resume template that is formatted in chronological order. Why? It’s because this format makes everything in your resume searchable.
- Carefully writing a resume summary or objective. If you are an accomplished programmer, use a resume summary to briefly elaborate on your employment and accomplishment.
- Describe your experience as a programmer, starting with your most recent position, and list your achievements under each job in bullet points.
- Include the highest degree that you have and is related to a programming job.
- List all programming languages, OS, and DMBS that you are proficient in.
People Also Ask
How to highlight programmer skills in a resume?
Programming is a profoundly technical profession. You should stuff the skills section in your programmer resume template with your most significant credentials to impress the hiring manager. Make sure to be more specific when mentioning the programming languages and relevant skills you master.
You can also include the length of the time you’ve been utilizing those skills and languages. This way, your resume will stand out from the other candidates’ resumes that happen to have similar skills but less practical experience in the field.
How to professionally open programmer resumes?
If you look for a programmer resume template, you will see that some templates use a career objective, and others use a career summary. Both summary and career objectives are a good way to open your summary.
If you want to go with a resume summary, make sure to keep it short and is able to describe your key programmer skills and qualifications.
How to add additional sections to a programmer resume?
To make your resume glitters, you can include additional sections. These include professional certifications, languages, industry blogs, relevant journals you have published, programming projects you have finished, and volunteer experience.
Types of Programmer Resume Templates
Programming jobs are one of the many technical professions that are always in high demand and have a lot of types. Apart from having many types of positions, the programmer resume template is also available in a variety of styles, content, and purposes.
Resume Template for Senior Programmer
Suppose you have more than five years of professional experience as a computer programmer and currently looking for a new job. In that case, you’ll have to update your previous resume. Consider using this free resume template to help you organize your achievements and qualifications in a neat manner.
Resume Template for Microsoft Word Programmer
Are you highly proficient in programming Microsoft Word and planning to apply for a new programming job? Use this programmer resume template to display your qualifications, education, professional achievements, work history, and technical skills in a decent manner.
Resume Template for Entry Level Programmer
Recent graduates without experience typically have difficulty composing a resume that can win them a programming job. If you are in this situation, you don’t need to fret as you make use of this decently built resume template to help you make your own entry level programmer resume.
CNC Programmer Resume in Word
CNC programmer is one of the programming jobs that require an in-depth understanding of machinery. If you met the qualifications and possess the required skills, you have to present all those significant aspects in a decent resume. Utilize this programmer resume template to make it easier for you.
Resume Template for Assembler Programmer
Suppose you want to start your professional career as an assembler programmer. In that case, you have to make a resume that can highlight your effective skills. If you want to create one, check out this resume template for help to ensure your resume meets the expectations of the recruiting supervisor.
Want to improve your programming skills in other tech companies? Then you will need to polish your previous resume, or you can create a new one with the help of the programmer resume template you may pick above.