Doctor Curriculum Vitae Template Samples & Writing Guidelines
Writing a curriculum vitae is not an easy task, let alone for a doctor. While it’s one of the most prestigious works out there, being a doctor can also be quite difficult. Therefore, it’s important for physicians to use a doctor curriculum vitae template to increase their chances of landing a job.
A lot of details should be included in a CV. Thus, it’s advised to use a doctor curriculum vitae template as a reference when composing your own CV. In this article, you will find a list of writing tips and templates that can assist you in securing a job as a medical doctor.
Sample of Doctor Curriculum Vitae
Below is the sample of doctor curriculum vitae that can help you arrange your own CV:
Address: Forrest Lake, MN 55025
Phone number: 651-646-2961
Email address: email@example.com
M.D., University of Mn Med School, 2014, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, 2009
Certification and Licensure
- A licensed medical doctor in Minnesota State, 2014
- Board certified in internal medicine, 2014 – present
- Fellowship: Neuropsychiatry and Neurology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 2015-2016
- Residency: Neurophysiology, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 2013 – 2016
- Internship: Medical Psychiatry, Spring Grove Hospital Center, Catonsville, MD, 2012 – 2013
Consultant Physician, West Coast Private Practice, Baltimore, MD, 2017 – present
- Perform evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients in a high-volume environment.
Attending Physician, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Enhanced expertise in neurology practice at the ER regional hospital.
- Assistant Professor, Psychology Department at University of Maryland, 2019 – present
- Teaching Assistant, Pre-Medical Programs at University of Minnesota, 2006 – 2007
Honors and Awards
- Valedictorian, University of Minnesota, 2009
- Best Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota, 2009
Memberships and Associations
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- Free Health Center, Baltimore, MD, 2015 – present
- Volunteer Neuro Consultant Physician
Tips to Write a Doctor Curriculum Vitae
Below are the essential tips for arranging doctor curriculum vitae:
- Structure your curriculum vitae with the correct format. Consider using a template if you find it difficult.
- List all of your educational qualifications and include the year of graduation for each education.
- Include your professional experience, starting from your recent job. Also, include a brief description of your duties.
- Include your teaching experience, if you have any.
- List all of the honors and awards you received.
- Add skills related to the role you apply for.
- Include additional activities related to the position you apply for, such as community service.
People Also Ask
What is a Curriculum Vitae for a Medical Doctor?
A resume and curriculum vitae are both different. A CV is typically used by those who work in the fields of teaching, research, academia, and medicine. Therefore, a doctor requires a CV which comes in long pages as an overview of their accomplishments.
How Should a Junior Medical Doctor Write a CV?
First, choose the correct CV format that’s specifically designed for junior doctors. Make sure your CV is compelling and captivating. Next, start your CV with a compelling career objective or summary. Include relevant professional experience and elaborate it using bullet points. Then, boost all the achievements you have achieved in your experience section.
What Makes a Good Medical Doctor Curriculum Vitae?
The whole sections of a doctor curriculum vitae template are usually written using a third-person pronoun. So make sure to avoid the use of first-person pronouns when you arrange your own CV. Also, choose a template that is professionally designed with fonts that are easy to read.
Types of Doctor Curriculum Vitae
Curriculum vitae templates for physicians are available in a wide variety of types. Not only do they come in various designs, but the use of each template is also different. So, it’s essential to find the correct template that fits a medical position you apply for.
CV Template of Professional Doctor
Having professionally written curriculum vitae is essential for physicians. To help you ease your arduous task in composing a CV from scratch, this doctor curriculum vitae template will surely come in handy.
Assistant Doctor CV Template
If you previously worked as an assistant doctor and plan to look for a new opportunity in other facilities, then this curriculum vitae sample is the first thing you need to have. It can help you arrange a CV that can assist you in securing a position as an assistant doctor.
Consultant Doctor CV Sample
It’s a doctor curriculum vitae template that is specifically designed for consultant psychiatrists who need adequate space to write their professional experience. While it doesn’t have design elements, all the existing content is written professionally.
Student Doctor Curriculum Vitae Sample
If you have graduated from medical school, you will need this student doctor curriculum vitae template to apply for a training program. All the details you must include in a CV have been clearly stated in this sample.
Doctor CV Template in Word
Composing a CV to apply for a job as a physician can be exhausting. That is why, using a CV template, especially in a .doc format is helpful as you don’t need to spend long time thinking about what you need to include in your curriculum vitae.
Dentist Curriculum Vitae Template
It’s a doctor curriculum vitae template specifically meant for dentists who are in need of a lot of space to put as many details as they want. While it’s simple, this template comes in a design that looks like no other.
Medical Doctor CV Example
This doctor curriculum vitae template is written in chronological order. If you need to compose a CV that can show your educational qualifications, certificates, and professional experience, then this is a sample you’re looking for.
CV Format for Graduate Doctors
The curriculum vitae come in a format where the summary or career objectives are written in bullet points rather than paragraphs. The experience section is also written in the same manner. If you need an easy-to-read CV, then consider using this template.
Sample of Doctor Curriculum Vitae
Unlike most of the templates above, this doctor curriculum vitae template comes with some blank sections. All you need to do is to fill them with your information related to the position you want to apply for.
With the help of the samples of the doctor curriculum vitae template above, there’s should not be any problem in the making of a CV for yourself. When you include information, you simply need to write anything related to your doctorate to impress the facility in which you wish to work in.